set to my music with Sheralyn Rennert as soprano soloist for the Kyries
Brother David is a monk who writes many religious and philosophical poems in various languages.
In this sequence of 7 sections he was approaching the end of his noviciate and considering
which order he should devote himself to.
The complete text can be seen on the Bandcamp page below but here is a summary:
1. Kyrie - Une heure ou deux me restent dans ce bruit sonore que tu es ... soprano and alto solos (distant and present voices) with guitar accompaniment
2. Un dernier regard car la fenetre ouverte que tu es se clot....soprano (still singing Kyrie) and alto with guitar accompaniment
3. Alone we are together in this place - two alto recorders and guitar with spoken voice
4. He makes men pure from their sins (words by St Paul) - two equal voices with guitar chord names (also available as a separate score in various keys - see below)
5. Kyrie eleison and Christe eleison (sung in the distance) and (spoken) "When we have left, what shall be left behind...." - soprano solo, guitar, soprano recorder and
6. Amidst grey working days - alto and guitar
7. Four part Kyrie: Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy, performed as an SATB electronic choir
Sequence on Bandcamp
Be the first to comment