He recorded my 5 organ pieces, which can now be heard on Bandcamp
Shortly to be released also on CDBaby, itunes and Amazon.
They comprise 5 pieces:
1. Passacaglia - based on an ostinato passage in 3 time. The idea behind the passacaglia relates to the origin of the word, it is basically a gentle stroll down the street ("pasar la calle" in Spanish, which was converted into "Passacaglia" in Italian)
2. Playtime - about a cat, the composer's own cat who is playful and rushes around the house but occasionally stopping to pummel the soft furnishings.
3. Dorina - a descriptive piece in Dorian mode based on a song about a cat, from the aptly named village of Chattevoix, who stalks, but never catches, a little bird.
4. Early Evening in Camden Town - a more serious piece, a description of the poor folk in Camden and their dreams of what could be, if only….. It was originally a song, which the composer wrote when he was living in London, based on a poem by fellow Londoner Sandra Erös "The streets are part of a toy town, waiting to be played with…".
5. Bishop's Dance - a curious and comical piece in 11 time (3, 3, 3, 2 - count it!). It comes from the legend of Robin Hood, in which Robin meets the bishop of Hereford, who had hoped to get the better of him, but Robin prevails and forces him to dance. The clumsy attempts of the ungainly Bishop to obey Robin's commands cause great merriment among the merry men.
Be the first to comment